About

Friday 25 January 2008

I want a long(er) week toooooooo !!

It took me 20 minutes, door to door, to get to work this morning.

It was absolutely lovely, of course, but it does mean that a power of people are having a 4 day weekend this weekend, so I feel completely deprived. I've never been good with missing out. Luckily, everyone else in my office is completely deprived as well, so it restores the balance a little.

Plus, getting in early means I have some time up my sleeve to negotiate new mortgage rates with my personal banker. So, if my hair has turned white the next time you see me, it's because I'm about to refix my mortgage at about 2% more than the current interest rate.

Ye gads.

Have a loverly long weekend pals of mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better I don't have a weekend at all...graveyard overtime on Sunday morning and working on Monday...does that help restore some more balance?? :o)~

Simonne said...

I'll stop complaining right this second.

(although, mostly, because I've been shocked into silence. I've just worked out this morning what my new mortgage payments will be, and what our single income budget looks like. Ooooohhhhh booooy. Welcome to the real world!!)