About

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Man (pay people to remove knackered revolting thing and install new lovely thing to) make fire

The fireplace that was. It felt extremely good to see that revolting thing demolished. What makes me scratch my head though is that we (and by 'we' I mean the husband and the neighbour) managed to drop a massive concrete chimney pretty much straight onto wooden floors and it didn't damage them any more than what they already were. Makes you wonder what on earth the previous owners did to their floors.

Cheerfully, the husband even gave me a teeny wee mallet (I wasn't allowed the 12 pound sledgehammer - knocked up and all that. Plus, even with the mallet I nearly took myself out when the first one bounced off a stud) to make the first hole in the wall. Turns out you can take out a fair amount of agression with a teeny wee mallet.


Hee hee.


The hole in the second floor - still there incidentally because we want to see whether we need to put in a heat transfer system once winter sets in.



The neighour on the roof. The husband was hiding downstairs somewhere refusing to go up there for love nor money.





Handily, the kid is tall enough to stand in the cubby under the stairs, so we hand him the wood, and he stacks it. I say 'stack' loosely, but it saves me crawling under there, it's keeps him busy for 5 minutes and he thinks he's awesome so it's a win-win.




No comments: