About

Monday 25 June 2007

Apparently I omitted an important details about the boots

The husband commented over the weekend that I missed out a rather important detail in relation to my shiny new steel cap boots on Friday. At least, they were shiny and new until I had to use one (with foot encased obviously) to lever a roll of Butynol out of the low racking on Friday. Now they're a bit dirty and scratched. I'm inclined to want to give them a polish and buff the scratches out, but I'm just not sure if it's wrong to have shiny steel caps.

Anyway! The important detail about the boots is that they're not just any old John Bull run of the mill black/brown ankle length steel caps with elastic on the sides to help you get your damn foot in. Oh no. These are my steel caps we're talking about. The Gods were smiling on me the day I walked into NZ Safety to buy my steel caps.

What I have are a pair of mid-calf, caramel leather, cowboy boots (which cost the company a fortune I might add, but that's their problem. In my infinite wisdom I put it on account instead of expenses too so they can't squeak about it either). Full leather too, none of this elastic stuff. Seriously. They even have a little cowboy hat imprinted in the leather on the side. They're very cool steel caps, if I do say so myself, and very comfy and light. It concerns me a little that they're actually blokes steel caps, because I don't think any man in his right mind should wear steel caps like these, but there you go. Perhaps if he was auditioning for the next Village People ... but otherwise, no.

So, there you go. Important detail left out no longer. The husband can now relax.

In relation to the car, I'm still waiting. They now think that it might be ready by Tuesday. I was told for the third time on Friday, definitely by close of business that day, but I turned up to find my car on a hoist with 5 mechanics scratching their heads and running around in circles. It seems that in the process of fitting the cam belt, they busted the radiator hose. It was supposed to be fixed by Saturday morning, but between Friday night and Saturday morning, they busted something else, so it's not. Joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure they don't charge you for that time that they were fixing the stuff that they broke! Knowing mechanics like I do, they will sneak it into your bill!

Simonne said...

Argh - the bill was 2 pages long! They probably charged me an hours labour just to type the blinking thing. It's the quickest and least fulfilling eight hundy I've ever spent, that's for sure!