About

Sunday 16 December 2007

I do not like green eggs and ham

It's important to put this post in context.

Half a dozen years ago, I didn't eat meat. One year ago, my steak went on the BBQ approximately half an hour before everyone elses. Including the people who like theirs well done. My idea of risky eating is adding mint to my boiled spuds and I was particularly surprised when Pal Sarah served me up cous cous recentlyish and I liked it.

So, don't fall off your chairs kiddies when I tell you that on Saturday night I had a fabulous dinner out with the husband, Pal Stu and Pal Sarah ... at a Yakatori bar. Me!! Japanese!!

Aaaannnd, guess what else?

I had beef tongue.

Beef tongue!

Beeeeeeffffff toooonnnnngue.

How completely brave am I?

(Admittedly, I had a lot of sticky rice as well, but we're focussing on the braveness. Baby steps and all that)

I also had something which I can't remember the name of but which was basically a plate of seared beef (read - I'm still not convinced that it wasn't raw), very thinly sliced and cooked in some clever Japanesey (obviously) way. I think I even had more than one bit.

Very clever Ginger if I do say so myself. Next, I'm going to take over the world.

(The husband feels it's important that I fess up to wussing out on the seafood, but I think it's important that we all focus on the beef tongue and raw meat and move on to world domination)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are braver than I. I still have well done (no pink in sight) meat, and last time I went to a Japanese place I ate 2 bites of meat (cooked), and a bowl of rice!