About

Wednesday 19 March 2008

I wish my computer wasn't broken so I could show you a picture of all my needles

Things they shouldn't tell you at injection teach ...

One.

That each drug dose is worth around $500.00. That pretty much guarantees that, at some stage in the next four weeks or so, I'm going to bugger it up and someone, somewhere (Government bean counter) is going to be reeeeeally pissed off.

Plus, it also means that I'm going to have a bunch of stuff sitting in my fridge worth somewhere in the region of $6,000.00 - $7,000.00 or so. That's asking for trouble like you wouldn't believe.

Two.

With a startling level of gravity, tell you that they will discuss the trigger injection with you closer to the time, and hand you a huge-ass box containing said injection implement. I'm a bit scared to look in the box to be honest considering all the other sharp instruments I have are about half the size. It's a worry. You just know it's going to hurt like buggery.

(The first injection was quite successful thanks! (for all of you who have asked) It went something along the lines of me holding a prepared hypodermic in the region of my stomach and saying over and over "I can't do it. I can't do it. I can't do it." and so on and so forth until Al popped his head around the corner and said he would (and looked far too interested in the idea if you ask me) so I just kinda sucked it up and rammed the needle in.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry about the trigger - its no bigger - they just put it in a big box cause its prefilled with the meds :) It gets easier to do them - i promise :)

Anonymous said...

You CAN do it, you CAN do it, you CAN do it!!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Wooo on the first one!

Atleast you aren't having to find veins and whatnot... or are you?