About

Wednesday 26 November 2008

In the immortal words of Charlie Brown

Good grief.

That seems a slightly more acceptable alternative to what I came out with at the obstetrician's office this afternoon.
The Cuinn-kid is going great guns - growing like ... heaven knows what ... healthy as a little horse (and same blardy size as one near enough too), sporting a chubby little puku, still covering his face with his hands if we try and get a look at it, and head down. Apparently trying not to face-plant off my swiss ball on a nightly basis has been a bit useful in turning the little demon. Plus, I feel quite good that what I thought was his butt this time actually was, although what I thought was his head is apparently feet, and what I thought was feet is apparently hands ... but you know, one step at a time.

As for size ...what did I say last time? That the kid was expected to triple in size between then (28 weeks) and full term? Yes. Well. Try almost doubling in 4 weeks, leaving us with 8 weeks to get who knows how much bigger. Apparently he's picked up on the fact that daddy is a gargantuan, but has overlooked entirely that mummy most definitely is not. Well, I am heading that way a bit at the moment, but usually I'm not (much) and the important consideration is bone structure, not ass expansion.

At 28 weeks he was 1200 grams thereabouts (2lbs 11 oz), and today he's 2100 grams (4lbs 9oz). Holy crap. No wonder I'm growing out of clothes faster than you can say 'next size up! Quick!'. Best we all pray that he doesn't go overdue ... can you imagine it?

OK. I'm too horrified to type anything else. I'm going to go and pack my hospital bag and hope he arrives about a month early.
Here's the pic I promised .

And one of Jack having a beer, just because.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee, almost as heavy now as amelia was three weeks off full term . . . excellent.

you are just all baby, teeny weeny except with that HUBELLYMUNGOUS tummy . . .

if that kid goes overdue he will be born the size of your average toddler. nipple transplants will be called for as your existing ones will be worn out in very short order!

Anonymous said...

p.s. you have a wee ways to go yet - no OUTY!!!

Simonne said...

Argh! Shudder! Outy!! I'm going to find somewhere that stocks prosthetic innys for when that happens.

Also, the kid will NOT be going overdue. I'll explode. Mind you, he's also under instructions not to arive between 35 and 37 weeks while my OB inconsiderately holidays, but 37-38 weeks may assist on the 'be kind to mummy' front.

It's no blimmin wonder I have heartburn, ankles fatter than a fat thing and no lung capacity. Little toad :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about not knowing the hands from the feet...apparently it gets a bit easier once they're out. If not, meh, wearing sox on our hands never did us any harm. ;)

Anonymous said...

use a spot bandaid! and, i think your chances of tub-boy arriving early are a bit like him - FAT.