About

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Observations from the pool

If you are the NZ Police, taking up 2 pool lanes just to have a general catch up and chat while hanging over the ropes for a half hour isn't reeeeally appreciated by the other swimmers. Or possibly just me, but seriously. When the rest of us are 3 to the remaining lanes because 2 lanes are out of action, it's annoying. It ruined my zen. Made me grumpy enough to do extra laps though, so it kinda worked out. I guess. At a stretch. If I'm trying to re-harness my zen.

If you are flutter-board guy in the fast lane, you might want to toddle over about 8 lanes to the slow lane. Or, even better, the flutter-board lane. There's one of those. It's the one with all the flutter-boards in it.

If you are the guy moving at 100 miles an hour in the slow lane because you're using paddles, you might want to swap with flutter-board guy. Also, just quietly, it was extremely hard to pace off you when you swim half a lap under water, and it's just a little weird when you swim directly underneath me. Of course, in a perfect world, I shouldn't have been in the slow lane either, but that's the Police's fault.

And now, back to attempting to transcribe my Diana Gabaldon interview.

1 comment:

Rachael (weegee) said...

OOOoooh so that's the big interview! Way cool!

Long time reader, first time commenter here - thought I should join the conversation. That is, rather than just being the crazy blog stalker lady who scared you by recognising your gorgeous boy at the P&C show when you were looking at baby shoes :-)