About

Friday 29 August 2014

The case of the impeccably bad timing vs me

I said I wouldn't, but I started watching The Block NZ.

I blame the ensuite.  I think I might have resisted if it hadn't been for that.  My plan was to resist.  But, we pulled up the carpet and started talking paint and fixtures and renovatey, redecoratey wotnot and ... sigh.  Dammit.  I had to.

The problem is, in the first year of The Block, we discovered our dining room table which I adore.  Or, in fairness, Ben and Libby discovered our dining room table, we thought they were geniuses and then Ben was kind enough to respond to a twitter plea and tell me where they got it from so then, it became our dining room table.  Then last year, Loz and Tom put up a splashback painted by Flox, whose work we both really like, and so a Flox splashback went on our renovation wishlist.  That's the hook for me.  It comes down to having the saddest case of FOMO* ever. 

Sucker.

I don't know how long it'll last though.  I watched all of episode one, fast forwarded half of episode two, fast forwarded even more of episode three, and find myself in something near physical pain that they're. still. not. in. the. houses.  And by 'in the houses', I mean, hanging out inside what looks pretty much like framing.  Is that really a reno?  I preferred the spirit of season one.

Still.  All has not been lost.  The night before last, one of the teams got very hangry and made a trip to New World for a fruit pot (I know, right?  In my world, a fruit pot does not hangriness fix, though it's a bit funny that someone actually scripted that.  I hope they did anyway, because if they didn't that means someone actually does think a fruit pot will fix their hangry.  It's all just so disingenuous - if the fruit pot fixes your hangy, you're not really hangry (or definitely not the sort of hangry that happens in this house), and if you are hangry, a fruit pot?? ... gah)** which reminded me that I'd totally forgotten to go and get the kids the Little Shop cash registers I'd meant to pick up during the week, so I went and sorted that today.  Win!         

And if nothing else at all, last night, I fast forwarded my way through the episode with this little guy to keep me company.  Could have been worse, no?



* Fear of missing out.

** Things we have learned this week - I still love brackets and I am as inclined as ever to veer far off topic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also can't believe they are not in the houses yet. This week seems to have been one big advertisement for bunnings, Kiwi bank and wild bean.
I think I am about to give up