About

Tuesday 30 September 2014

The Bus Stop Cafe

The Bus Stop cafe closed down several months ago, and I really miss it.  It was a sad day turning up to see the gate shut, a 'closed indefinitely' sign hanging on the gate thanking everyone for their friendship and support over time, and nobody in the bus.  It was a friendly, fun place that served big laughs, made a pretty good coffee and had the best donuts ever. 

I love food carts and coffee vans, or any combination of the two ... I love markets and stalls, gala treats, crepes in paper bags, coffee in paper cups (things I know I shouldn't, but I really do) ... food and coffee in general ... I've had a thing about paper bags for as long as I can remember, and the food truck thing I think comes from either this Chip and Dale cartoon, All in a Nutshell, or one very like it.  I have the foggiest memory of the episode, it's one of my oldest memories, and a love that stems back as far as I can recall, so I'm calling that the origin.  I really miss that bus.

I read about the Bus Stop cafe in Good magazine, and was so excited that it was parked up at Te Horo beach, about 20 minutes drive up the Coast from home.  The kids loved it, and I've already dribbled about the donuts.  I really wish I'd been cheeky enough to ask for the recipe.







3 comments:

Caffeinated Weka said...

Did you make the donuts yet? They're on my baking bucket list.

Simonne said...

No! Still on my list to do! The holidays got away on me ... I really want donuts ...

Anonymous said...

off-white
kobe shoes
jordan shoes
air jordan
kyrie 6
kyrie 6 shoes
bape hoodie
birkin bag
yeezy 700
yeezy