About

Sunday 26 October 2014

Wondering about that cake from yesterday's post?

It was a very happy meeting at morning tea time, I can assure you.  (My self-control kicked in just in the nick, otherwise it would've been breakfast)

This beautiful thing (from the Spruce Goose in Lyall Bay, Wellington) was (oh yes, definitely was) some kind of layered mudcake with a thick caramel sauce-like icing.  I'm not sure how you create layers with a mudcake, but there was definitely something going on there - you can see it. Maybe I need another to try and work it out?

The mere memory is making my knees wobble.  And it's the reason why I am sugar-restrained, not sugar-free.


They also made this.  I meant to post this picture up weeks ago and forgot all about it.  Heaven knows how I did.  It's a Lolly Cake-pop.  I assumed when I bought it it would be a ball of traditional lolly cake.  Not so.  It was a really amazing mud cake (I wonder how much begging it would take to get their mudcake recipe(s) ?) with a small-ish ball of lollies (eskimos, or similar) in the middle.  And real chocolate on the outside. 

The Goose is definitely something exceptional on the cake front, and the coffee's pretty good too.  It's probably just as well that this is just down the road from the husband's work, and not mine.

These pictures make me really cheerful.


No comments: