About

Friday 12 August 2011

The littlest ginger arrives, and she's not a ginger

I still take the crappest photos in the history of the world, but she's so cute you don't even notice huh?


Antonia Helene - born 4th August 2011 (I think - that was Thursday a week ago right? Turns out it's not just the husband that needs these things tattooed on himself) at 9.41am. A bit rough that on your last night pre-baby you find yourself setting the alarm for about 5.30am so you can be at the hospital for a 7am kick off. Still, beats a surprise 2am trip. Or even abandoning dinner at 5pm the night before the scheduled c-section because the little blighter has barely moved all day and needs monitoring to make sure she's ok in there. It was good dinner too. Although, I did get a McDonald's apple pie on the way home from the hospital to make up for it. Caught me by surprise that the hot contents caution was actually necessary though - I very nearly dropped the thing on the belly covering my lap, so unexpected was the hot contents. Seriously, who ever buys a hot apple pie from McDonalds, thinking it's actually going to be hot?)

And now, I need a couple of litres of coffee.

(Also, FYI - you haven't missed anything at all since my last post, except much pregnancy-related whinging. And a cardigan, affectionately known as my blanket with sleeves, that ended up rather enormous because I bollocksed up the pattern, but did keep me busy while I could barely move off the couch. I've started another one that looks a little less like a layer of bedding (at this stage) but photos could be way, way off - not only do I end up forgetting what I'm doing before I've barely started but the little ginger sneezed on the Netbook I upload my photos to and it turns out that little kid sneezes are not only disgusting, but they also have the power to 90% fry electronics. Bless)








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg congrats she is so gorgeous and love the name..! maybe she will be like Liam and start off dark lose that and go ginger?:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, she is beautiful! What a great date to be born too, my baby girl was born by elective c-section on the 4th of August last year :)

caraMel said...

Ahhhhhh she's adorable, I just want to snuggle her!
Love all her lovely woolies.
Congrats again, you make the most fantastic babies!

natalie said...

Congratulations Simone! So pleased to hear everything went well. Lots of love, Natalie

Simonne said...

Thanks everyone :-) ...Except we're not going to think about the dark hair falling out and turning ginger - so far the non-ginger is working prett well for us ;-)

*waves at Natalie! :-)*

Katherine said...

Ooooh, she's cute. I want one! Lots of snuggles from me!