About

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Curious

It's an interesting thing how one can be part way through making a cup of tea one minute, and then some time later finds oneself scrubbing down the internal walls of the house (sans cup of tea). It's also interesting how I don't think I ever noticed exactly how many internal walls our house has, until I found myself compulsively scrubbing them down. Furthermore, where on earth does the energy come from when one is knackered beyond belief? At the moment I swear the only thing stopping me from tumbling over backward with exhaustion is the enormous great weight sticking out the front of me which seems to be assisting gravity in keeping me upright.

So, I now have one seriously, seriously stewed cup of tea leaves, but several large walls which are once again the colour they're supposed to be. As opposed to the colour they're supposed to be underneath a winter's worth of dog shake-off related mud splatters.

And since the husband is currently bobbing around somewhere in the Manukau (presumably) on a boat, fishing a glorious, sunny and hot Wednesday afternoon away, despite it being extremely bad form, I'm going to have to point out my awesomeness in getting a percentage of the walls clean when he gets home, since he wasn't here to see me do it.

Perhaps also the on-hands-and-knees scrubbing for an hour or so will have helped turn kiddly around to facing the right direction for a bit too - apparently it doesn't matter so much if he stays that way, but just so long as he gets a bit used to being in that position so that he can get back there easily enough when we're in labour.

Anywho - the achievement blathered about above kind of makes up for realising after about an hour that I'd accidentally put an entire load of the husband's clothes on a 95 degree washing cycle instead of a cold one. I don't think it matters a whole lot as far as t-shirts and undies goes, but I really don't want to have to stick all his woollen socks in Cuinn's drawers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe cute! That nesting totally screws up one's priorities doesn't it?
The day before I went into labour I abandoned what was initially a VERY important sandwich making mission in favour of mopping the kitchen ceilings!

Simonne said...

The ceiling thing seems to be significant - I've heard about that from more than one person! Mind you, knowing me, I'll be attacking my ceilings at about 38 weeks hoping to bring him on a bit early so he's not quite so much of a lardo as he will be at 40 weeks! :-)

Mel Archer said...

Oooo I'd watch out love ;) I started scrubbing out the washing machine and Moe arrived a few days later, 5 weeks early ;) - hope your bag is packed for the hospital...

Anonymous said...

Ha! This is soo funny! I actually still do this now, last week I abandoned coffee for the bathroom ceilings. I had to chuck Quinn and Kaia in the bath and make them stay in there til I was done! (it took a while, they were not really that impressed)

Simonne said...

Eek Mel! Since we're what? 34w2d, the thought of a 5 week early arrival is a bit close to the bone!

Anna - Hehe. Poor kidlets, but yay for clean ceilings! Ours desperately needs doing but I'm trying to resist ... instead I'm pretending that I like all the little wee incy bugs stuck to it (I probably should close a window occasionally at night) :-)

Mel Archer said...

Don't worry, however and whenever Cuinn arrives I'm sure it will be in a timely and appropriate manner ;). We're coming up to Hamil-vegas, the Mount and possibly Auckland in Feb so may be able to meet and introduce Moe to Cuinn and your lovely self...