About

Monday 29 December 2008

I. Want. STUFF!

Lots of stuff.

So much stuff.

Hideously expensive stuff too! (Which is why I want it, as opposed to need it, or, more importantly, have it. Hehe)

Everywhere I look (bearing in mind I suppose that I'm passing time in between bouts of nest-industriousness actually looking as opposed to coming across it randomly) there is cool stuff for kidlets, and I want it. All of it. Lucky for the husband though at this point, the thought of going within ten feet of a shop, any shop, in my current waddly whale-like condition with people teeming in all directions (there was an incident on boxing day where I thought that the boxing day sales would be an excellent time to pick up nursing bras that I still needed to get (motivated by a minor panic that our friends from antenatal classes who were due two weeks before us had their baby on the 24th - eek!), and I thought that getting there super-early would ensure a quick and easy shopping trip, netting me exactly what I wanted, on sale, with minimum fuss. Ha! I'm still in a cold sweat days later remembering it, and I scarpered out the shop sans nursing bras at 100 miles an hour in a very traumatised state) is enough to stop me cold (I'm pretending I don't know about internet shopping ... well, where it doesn't involve lusting after completely gorgeous, completely unaffordable, cool kiddly stuff).

So, obviously I'm amusing myself in light of that making a completely dreamy list of stuff that I'm so not going to buy (We just kissed goodbye my income. You do the maths), but I have to share what I'm lusting after because it's all just sooo cool!

Firstly, four words - eeni meeni miini moh. I'm not picky. The entire range is cute enough to eat.

Ugly dog. Heh. We love puppies. We already have Jeero all packed in Cuinn's bag for Birthcare, but a kid can never have too many scary looking toys.

He will actually get this trolley at some point. It's a must-have lust-have.

And how cool is this picnic set? I have no idea if boys do picnic sets but it deserves an honourable mention on a coolness scale of one to ten. (Actually, the circus set is probably cooler for boys, but he wouldn't know the difference)

As for this felt train ... awesome. Enough said.

Vaguely scary but still cool.

Not even remotely scary and very cool.

Gorgeous. *Sigh*

Lucky, GrannIE can knit gooood. (Hint hint GrannIE)

A book for meeeee!

This is wicked too, and even better, it's sitting in Cuinn's room courtesy of Pal Katherine. Tra la laaaa!

Oooooh! And I did justify this indulgence as a kiddly-related purchase in a very round-about, long-winded, mumblecoffeegroupmumblequalitytimebakingwithCuinnintimetocomemumble sort of way, but it was worth every cent (plus I got 10% off AND a free coffee, so it was a bargain. Honest. Oh, and, of course, most obvious, since it relates to food, I paid for it out of the grocery budget. Ka-ching! Genius). There is a Viennese chocolate nut cake that I intend to bake tomorrow and probably eat in one sitting, and the chocolate afghans have been done and digested. Non-baby pregnancy weight, here I come. The husband is going to have exploding cake tins when I eventually go into hospital to have Cuinn, and an empty freezer. Still, that's why McDonald's was invented wasn't it? (*shudder*)

The danger in all of this of course is that we've just sold the spa pool (yusssss!) on Trademe and buying lots of cool things for the kidlet seems so much more interesting than fixing the car, so I stuck my Visa down the other end of the house because I'm pretty sure I couldn't be arsed walking that far, even in an emergency.

(The next question is - who could be bothered looking at all the links? Hehe)

Oh, and of course, YUSSSSS!!! for maternity leave! I'm so relieved. Exhausted, and relieved.

3 comments:

Simonne said...

OK. It's really annoying me that somehow I made one word a different colour to all the other words, but I can't get the colour back again, so it's staying like that, looking weird.

stuart said...

Not having looked at the Blogger editing interface for a while, I'm not sure I can be much help. You could have typed (ignore hyphens)<-font color="black"-> on one side and <-/font-> on the other, but I doubt it. Suggest you just enjoy your accidental flourish

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I can never resist the urge to look at other people's shopping lists. By the way, if you want to read Confessions of an Eco-Shopper, I can give you the manuscript -- that's what I got sent to review (not the finished book, alas, but very close). Let me know and I'll put it in the growing "Bag of Stuff" destined to end up in your hands. :)