About

Tuesday 21 April 2009

Hot chocolate and the beginnings of winter

I love this time of year. Absolutely love it. I'm not designed for summer and sun, and I love thick chunky jerseys too much to think that summer is good for anything more than getting the washing dry quickly. Or, you know, dry at all.

So, I'm sitting here with a hot chocolate contemplating my wonderfully chilly toes, smiling at both dogs curled up tight in their beds, and the only thought running through my head (aside from hoping that the child stays asleep a while longer for any number of reasons, and almost wishing there was room in one of those dog beds for me because those animals look seriously cosy) is barely a thought at all - it's just a blissful sigh and a sense of welcoming of the weather ahead.

Fab.

5 comments:

ruth said...

ooh, just a thought . . . how are your hot chocolate supplies? need a fix?
we are having cool moments also - funny, even tho i love the heat, some part of me is soooooo happy that for about ten minutes every morning it is cool enough to wear slippers and dressing gown, before the sun comes up and its all over.
enjoy!

caraMel said...

*Nods in agreement*
Babies make great hot water bottles too, if they're obliging enough to sit still and/or conk out on you don't they?

Mel Archer said...

Have I posted you this before...have you tried Mexican Hot Chocolate? Hmmmmm decadent, must source myself some asap...

Simonne said...

caraMel - I only get that in the middle of the night when he snuggles in while he's supposed to be burping! He's also developed a rather disgusting habit of sucking on my neck while he's doing it - ewww! The kid makes serious goobers!!

Mel - Hehe! Mexican Hot Chocolate sounds like a type of narcotic ;-) Where can I get some ...? ;-)

Ruth - I'm being very good and keeping the good stuff for special occasions and desperation :-) So all good so far!!

Mel Archer said...

http://www.taqueriapoblano.co.nz/food.html