About

Monday 18 February 2013

Life with a view

We've been living on the Coast for 8 months and it still feels like we're on holiday.  I thought the feeling would wear off, but it hasn't so I really hope it doesn't and I never take this place for granted. The view is always a bit different - the sea is blue, green, grey or brown, like glass or bad-weather roughened and awesome no matter what.  It's beautiful and I love it.  There's always something to laugh at on the water as well.  I saw a couple of fishermen out with a net several weeks ago in the most dreadful weather.  They were working the net, and you could just see over the waves, the black tail of (I think) a labrador circling them.  Last weekend I was out really early with the dog and spotted another two fishermen getting into the water off their boat to work side by side - one in full wetsuit (including a hood) and the other in just his stubbies.  Heh.  It was not a warm morning.
 
I've developed such an addiction to coffee missions too - for the view that (which?) you get the whole way there and back and is intoxicating (it lifts your spirits no matter where they are), for the coffee (RSC because I couldn't possibly go anywhere else. I'm addicted to that spot as well) and for the people who make you smile.  People who make you smile should always be appreciated.
 
'tis just great.
 

 

 

My favourite view of all ... coffee on the dash.  Coffee in a paper cup on the dash.  That's all the happiness, right there.  I'm pretty sure I shouldn't admit to this (to anyone even remotely serious about their coffee, or the poor environment), but coffee in a paper cup just does it for me.  Love!

No comments: