About

Wednesday 19 December 2007

'tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la, la la la la

Because there are only 2 more working days left before the holidays. It's certainly not because of the weather.

Things are moving along at home - the plasterers worked late and finished up on Tuesday night, which means that we can start painting. The husband has already done the ceilings and archi....whatever they're called. The bits along the top of the walls below the ceilings. Looks great too. Clever husband. He's sealing the walls tomorrow which Jess, for one, will be grateful for. Poor little border collie has been grey with plaster dust for the last couple of days. She starts off black, curls up on the floor or by a wall, and that's the end of that. Covered in dust. After trying to clean though for the last few days, I've come to the conclusion that it really is for the best that we're replacing the carpet at the end of this because I really wonder if the dust will ever come out. I can barely get it off the lino in the kitchen for heavensake.

Pluuuuus, my jeweller promised me last week that my rings would be ready this week, so as the week wears on, I'm getting more excited. It's been 3 months of waiting, but the design is gorgeous and I can't wait to have them back. 2 more days to go at most. Unless of course, he doesn't get them done, in which case, bugger.

In the meantime, to keep me distracted, I've got to work out how to turn that SPCA logo into a linky. Help? Anyone? I'm completely backward with all things technical. It's a wonder I even managed to start a blog.

No comments: