About

Sunday 23 May 2010

Toys? Who needs toys?

He had me in stitches this morning. He tipped a bag of rolled oats out on the floor ... well, part of a bag - I learned my lesson the other day and as soon as I heard pouring I ran for it and managed to save about 3 rolled oats. Go me! But, he also worked out from the other day that we clean up with the dust pan and shovel, so he worked away, got a whole lot of rolled oats into the pan, and then toddled over to the rubbish bin and pulled it out (we have a drawer bin in our cabinets) ... losing everything except about a dozen rolled oats along the way, and those he lost lifting the pan up to empty into the rubbish bin. He was absolutely determined, so he plonked down, picked up a (yes, single, nevermind the other 10,000) rolled oat, put it back in the pan, stood up and tried again. And again, and again, and again, until there were tears of laughter from me, and his poor rolled oat was no closer to actually making it to the bin than it had been about 10 minutes before. Then I think the cat ran past and it was game over for the rolled oats, and game on for chasing the cat.

He's just absolute magic at the moment.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i fricken love this video... and i love the little dude even more. This has got to be a sales pitch for kids if i have ever seen one. ah Cuinn, you're a legend