About

Thursday 21 October 2010

I'm hiding in the corner of my kitchen

The final day of packing up my life is in full swing, and I'm trying to stay out from underfoot as a small army of packers loads my life into boxes. There are a LOT of boxes. I had to climb over about 20 just to get to the corner of the kitchen so I could hide, and I only started on the other side of the kitchen.

We decided to camp one more night at the house tonight (should be interesting with the little ginger) and then that's us - on our way to Lower Hutt to meet our container at our new house come Saturday morning.

My house looks weird with nothing in it. It feels friendly, and yet there's no suggestion of the living that's gone on in it. It feels like there should be a suggestion of the living. Although, I just realised I left needle mountain in a kitchen cupboard, and the packers would have come across that sometime yesterday. That's kind of funny - how would you record that on an inventory ... ? Heh.

1 comment:

caraMel said...

I hope it is all going smoothly Simonne!
Thinking of you guys and wishing you all the best for your new life in Wellyville.
May this be the beginning of all kinds of greatness for you guys, you so deserve it!