About

Friday 20 September 2013

A day with Petite Kitchen

I'm trying to be really determined and keep up the initial burst of enthusiasm I had over simple, healthy eating (which is actually a euphemism for everything-free).   I know that it's better for my endometriosis because the daily symptoms I have of the disease either reduce significantly or I have days free of some or all of them altogether.  Still, even with that motivation, it's going about as well as you'd expect. 

The butter and the sugar calls to me.  And I possibly holler back ... C'mon over!  Have a coffee!  Put your feet up!  You'll love it here, really you will!  Stay as long as you want!!

I did though, spend a day making Petite Kitchen recipes as I do honestly work on healthier eating habits, and making some changes (like not being a piglet.  I think that's a good, achievable place to start.  Most of the time.).  And learning to cook actual food. 

And then I made a cake full of cream and sugar.  Heh.

So, my day with Petite Kitchen went a little something like this.  Actually, a lot this this.  Pretty much exactly like this.

'White chocolate' and raspberry almond muffins.  Breakfast, because I figured ground almonds, eggs, coconut oil, honey and raspberries, why on earth not?  I tried giving one to the husband.  He was horrified, and went off and made a banana cake for himself.


Dinner.  I know a roast chook is a roast chook, but these veges are ridiculously pretty so you get a photo of them.
 

My triumph!

 
 
Dessert. Creamy coconut chia seed breakfast pudding.  This is so much more noms than you'd imagine.  Especially looking at that photo.  The picture in her book looks much more lovely and creamy, and actually creamy in colour, but I added cinnamon into mine.  Hence the beige.  Plus I think I went a bit heavy on the chia seeds.  Both the husband and I are fans of this one though.


Raw chia seed jam (blackberry).  Horrible photo, sorry.  It was getting a bit late and the light was crap.


Chewy oat and jam slice, which, incidentally, became breakfast the next day and it was yum!  Nut butter, chia seed jam, coconut and rolled oats ... I'm fast becoming a big time fan of baking I can have for breakfast.  And that also solves the problem I had with this baking in that it doesn't necessarily last as well in the tins as traditional butter-and-sugar baking and you seem to eat less so there was an unhappy level of waste. 



aaaand lemon cream cake (Hungry and Frozen).  No breakfast here.

No comments: