About

Saturday 7 September 2013

Feeling bookish

This is one of those times when I wonder if I should join Pinterest, but I equally suspect that that's one vortex I should definitely not go near.  Besides, this is fun. 

I've been feeling a bit bookish lately so I've been doing bookish window shopping.

Is it still window shopping if it's via PC screen?  It's a window of a sort ... a window to the internet ... I think I much prefer that to online shopping which suggests actual shopping.  Which it's not (yet).  It's a quandary, no?  The husband hears window shopping and he's only a little bit concerned.  The husband hears online shopping and he goes all pale and stuff. 

I've also just applied to graduate with a second Arts Diploma (in English), and I've been thinking about studying again (long term plan.  Long.  I need to learn how to read a book again, and be able to finish a sentence.  Looooong).  Everyone knows that the key to successful study is awesome stationary, so I needed to give this aspect some serious consideration over at Father Rabbit.  Tra la!






And obviously, excellent stationary requires an excellent bag, does it not?  (Also, if you think not, that's a rhetorical question and shush).  I've long loved this Makr ruck sack at Douglas + Bec but the tan Saben satchel ..... I don't really even care that it's a man bag.  Listen carefully and you'll hear it begging for some pink pens and a floral notebook ....



Also on the bookish front, sort of, I've been playing with perfecting my workspace for the last couple of months, and it's almost there.  I'll post pics when I'm happy with it.  And I've vacuumed.  And tidied.  And the random pile of pill containers which has appeared on the windowsill (thank you husband, for cleaning out the medicine cabinet?) has been removed, so it looks a little less like I should perhaps go to rehab. 

Where was I?

Right.  The Desk.  The plan when we first moved in and while the kids are little and need watching for mischief (and all manner of other things including intervention, should they be attempting to maim each other ... which happens fairly frequently as it turns out) was that we'd dump my desk where it is now temporarily, squeezed into a corner of the open plan kitchen/dining/lounge, until the kids were old enough that I could move my office out into the actual office that's built off the side of the garage.  Except, I love my little space, so I've claimed it permanently and have just been working on making it less bleh in the middle of our living area (and less of a pain.  Squeezing past a slighty-too-big desk constantly was annoying).  Plus, my chair is right by the bi-folds, which open out onto the deck.  Hello.  Who'd want a poxy old room in the garage when you can instead work very, very hard (fall asleep) in the lovely sun?

This is my list which you have to see because it's awesome.  It gets updated, replaced, scrawled over and generally ignored on a very regular basis.  This is the generally ignored variety because it has my housework list on it.  The books-and-shiz-to-buy list was far more successful.  Go figure.  I'm ever grateful to Blackbird for this one.  Lists are how I survive my life, so cool lists make me happy.

 
 

Also, that white tube?  My Diploma (the first one.  In History). Prooooobably should get that on a wall. The kids keep running off with it to bash each other over the head.  Not ideal.

And these are a few of my other current wants because walls by desks need to be awesome too.  The art is going to take a little (quite a bit) bit more time but I love me these though, I surely do.  The Move Ur Art piece on the left is a major want - even though they spell it 'Ur'.  I have no idea how much it costs, which means probably a lot.  I should find out, but the last time I went to check on the price of something I ended up owning it (my camera and I don't regret it for a second) so ... yes. 

The card is by Rifle Paper Co. (Douglas + Bec also stock some of their stuff).  The gumboot wearing dog would look great next to my icecream parrot (you'll see eventually).  Also, he might provide some encouragement to the actual dog.  I'd have far less housework if the actual dog was inclined towards gumboots.  You never know (though you could probably safely assume).




And last, but not least, I'm still working on convincing the husband that I need dots.  He's so far resisting being convinced, with quite some determination.  Very boring of him.  I really do like the dots.



All this and I haven't even started on the Great Diary Decision for 2014 (I'm assuming that the husband can't be convinced that I really need a Hermes agenda).

No comments: