About

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Want. The Summer, House Edition.

I had such a lazy long weekend - spending lots of time just dreaming and doing a few things I don't normally get (or make) the time to do, including catching up on a couple of issues I have here of Your Home & Garden.  With some plans to make a few changes around the house - pull up the carpet in the lounge and lino in the dining/kitchen - on top of other must-do jobs like painting the roof (we're currently discussing from opposite sides of the fence, that it would not be funny to paint it bright yellow and put a smiley face on it), it's got me thinking about the house and adding some more cool stuff as things start to change.

This should give you an idea, if nothing else ever has, of just how eclectic my tastes are.  My decorating style is 'things I love' but somehow, even though everything in our house is so different (my beloved collection of OddOneOut painted plates, sitting about a wedgewood blue industrial metal cabinet next to a yellow and white wool chevron rug) it still works, because the common theme is love.  Or, maybe I just can't see it because everything is a favourite.  Meh.  I try not to buy stuff I don't really love, because it just ends up replaced and that's so wasteful - of the stuff, and the money you bought the stuff with. 

Right.  Into the summer wishlist.  You can probably also blame The Block for this because I did end up addicted after all, and it always put me on a decoratey bent.

I've been trying to convince the husband we need poufs for years.  Years.  I may have finally worn him down.  Last year, we bought giant bean bags for the deck and the blasted things only did us a year - two of them perished about 6 months ago (five hundred thousand little white balls all down one side of the house) and the other isn't far off.  The big problem is we left them outside, and this environment, as much as I love it, is harsh.  We have a small house though, and bringing giant bean bags in each night just isn't possible.  They don't fit.  Actually don't fit.  And I'm not dragging them up and down the section into the garage each morning and night.  So.  I'm working on poufs because they can be easily bought inside and stacked in a couple of corners (and I love them, and calling them poufs makes me laugh because I'm a child).

All pictures have been taken from the websites I have linked to each one.

Moroccan Pouffe by Fezart on etsy.com.
 

Blob Beanbags for the husband, to sweeten the deal (in demin, because hopefully that'll be harder wearing and look less outdoorsy, inside).


Flox dot decal.  I love Flox, and when I saw this on The Block, I may have jumped out of my chair a little bit.  We have a few Flox things, and I always imagined a large piece of her art would be out of our budget for a wee while, but this giant dot from Your Decal Shop would be a perfect thing to put up on a tricky boring space in a bleh part of the house.  The Tui especially appeals to me, because we have a tight pair that hang out at the back of our house on an enormous Kowhai tree, and we're pretty fond of them.




This.  This will make the husband and I smile a lot, because it's been an in-joke for years.  I need this.  Thanks, Your Home & Garden for featuring MintSix this issue!


2015 calendar (um, obviously), by EyePoetryPhotography on etsy.com.  Yes, please.


Karadeniz Turkish towels from Father Rabbit, always a favourite for homewares.  These towels look so luxurious and summery.  Imagine starting your day jumping out of the shower to use one of these?  Happiness.
 

I told the husband I wanted to get some fun summer linen.  He asked me to find scratch'n'sniff coffee sheets.  I found Kip & Co's Croc print on Let Liv instead.  Though he might be onto something with the coffee.  Imagine it.


Hexagon tray from SE3.  I love SE3, and their customer service is great too.  I also obviously love this tray and all it needs is a glass teapot and some lovely plates for a perfect afternoon tea set up.


While we're dreaming ... the Hasse lounge suite from Hunter Furniture (why not?).  We spotted this on TV as we were fast forwarding through some ads a while back and both of us went scrambling for mobile devices to look it up!  I love Scandinavian design to the moon and back, and the retro patchwork thing just makes me cheerful.

That should do it ... for now.

1 comment:

jessen said...

That should do it ... for now.TV Wall Bracket