About

Wednesday 28 February 2007

'So Close' - The Book

I have followed Tertia Albertyn’s blog, So Close (link to the right), for more than two years. I can’t remember how I came across her, but I am so glad that I did. She is a funny, courageous, amazing woman. She has been through more heartache and heartbreak than anyone should have to endure …more than most could endure …in her fight to have a child.

She has now written 'So Close' the book, and although it's not available outside South Africa yet (as far as I know), I was able to order it online from Kalahari. I've added a link straight to Kalahari and the book on the right.

Her story is one you should read if infertility has touched your life in any way ...whether you have experienced/are experiencing it yourself, or a friend or family member is struggling with it. What an infertile suffers is impossible to understand unless you have lived it, but this book is a little window that lets you see into the shattered heart of an infertile, the desperation and hopelessness, and will give you an idea. Hopefully, it will give you an appreciation.

Tertia endured so many fertility treatments, including 9 IVF cycles (9 !!!) before she and her husband, Marko, welcomed their gorgeous twins, Adam and Kate into the world.

Tertia's book takes you through her journey in a way that should change you forever.

She takes you through every step, and down into the darkest, darkest days following the birth of her and Marko's beautiful first son, Ben, who was born too early at 25 weeks 4 days. After the bravest fight, at just 10 days old, Ben died in Tertia's arms.

This book has given me the courage to face what comes next for us, and has reminded me that everything I feel is ok. She is one of the bravest people I 'know'.

Thank you T.

1 comment:

Tertia said...

What kind words, thank you!

Tertia
xxx