About

Monday 14 January 2008

Hellooooo

*Sniff*

I feel like a tragic heroine this morning, going back to work. It's very sad. Very very sad. Very. Though, I did get a text message from a friend early (not really, I was getting ready to leave for work. But, relatively speaking, considering I haven't seen 6.30am ish in a little over 3 weeks, it qualifies) this morning who is currently holidaying on the other side of the world (wench) feeling sorry for me, so I feel slightly less maudlin. Slightly. Being indulged always perks one up a little though.

Sooo, I feel like I should open 2008 by saying something profound. Or, in the absence of profound, interesting at the very least. But, all I can think of is that it's 2008.

2008!

Two thousand and eight.

Two thousand. Eight.

... and I went and saw 'I Am Legend' at the movies last week, which is set in 2012 (and which, incidentally, completely scared the pants off me. Mental note - do NOT see zombie/whatever type movies when you firstly know that they scare the pants off you, and secondly when you are going to be home alone for the night afterwards, and especially when you have a neurotic disposition). 2012 is only 4 years away. How is it that a futuristic movie is set only a couple of years out these days? No fair. Still, I remember a futuristic TV programme which was set in 1990, so there you go.

I think I'm just going to go now, and feel very sad that my holidays are over and try and think up something profound for tomorrow maybe.

No comments: