About

Monday 16 March 2009

I knew there were more photos around here somewhere

There's also a lovely shallow blog post brewing after I managed to sit down and pour through Fashion Quarterly, Vogue and Simply You magazines, but it's still in the brewing stage. These things take time now that my brain is a non-functioning organ ...

I feel like a spectacularly clever mum today (yesterday I was very ready to hand in my licence to operate) - I managed to get Cuinn's morning feed right (as in, not over feed him/bugger up his winding so he ended up either colicky or power-barfing excess milk in all directions) and I managed to read his tired signs and get him into bed at just the right time! Weeee! I don't think I have ever been on such a steep learning curve in my life. Tired signs are tricky little suckers - if you miss the window in either direction it's absolute chaos, and I'm always screwing it up. Try and put him down too early and it's game over, but miss that window before it's too late and that's it for the rest of the day usually. And if you try to put him down too early, it's usually only just too early so he's too busy yelling about being put down too early to be successfully put down when it's not. Yeesh. Yesterday I got it spectacularly wrong, as well as over-filling him and I swear that the walls of the house were vibrating with the yelling.

Still, clever mummy today or not, I did burn the hot cross bun I was just toasting which is utterly tragic ... but that's neither here nor there as far as minute parenting success goes. It only makes me a crap parent when I burn the kid's hot cross bun, and it was the last one.

Right. Photos.

What happens when Daddy dresses the baby


Post-feed happy face (not even remotely helpful for burping)


Jack doing nappy check (awesome things happen in nappies after a feed when you're a dog)


And the best shoulders in the world apparently


(Also - I forgot that I set the photos to large for the mirror shots last time, but I can't be bothered re-uploading them to a smaller size and someone is due to wake for lunch, so I doubt I've got time either. I'm vaguely apologetic, but only vaguely. I'm trying out a new bed-time/night time routine which is leading to increased sleep deprivation temporarily (I hope temporarily) so I'm too snoozy to be very enthused about being apologetic)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Anonymous said...

Oh good lord. I'm typing one handed whilst trying to hold down my uterus.
Your wee boy is just the cutest ever! Even with the inclusion of wall vibrating hollering, I'm doomed!
Good luck with the new night time regime. I hope he settles into it quickly for you.