About

Thursday 26 March 2009

The loving wife

I sent the husband a text message at 4.20am this morning, to say that it was funny how in just 9 short weeks, I've gone from a girl who thinks 10 hours of sleep is nowhere near enough, to feeling like I've been on a 14 day cruise through the Mediterranean after 5.

He text me back at 4.22am from A & E to say he'd cut his hand at work, had had to get it seen to and would be home soon.

I, of course, had the perfectly reasonable immediate thought of ...

Shite. I hope he can still change nappies.

Hehe.

In my defence, the man No. 8 wires absolutely everything including himself, so it really wasn't worth wondering whether it was very bad. If he'd actually had someone see to it, it was messy. I'm yet to have a look at it to see whether he can actually still change nappies - I was a bit busy pretending to be asleep when he got home so I wouldn't have to view the gory paw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Maybe if you petition ACC they will sympathise with your situation while hubby is rendered unhelpful and pay for a nanny to cover his regular nappy duties?
Hooray for 5 hours! That was my magic number too. Any less and I was barely able to find the fridge, more and I wound up with mastitis.
Hope the hand heals quickly and you're all well otherwise. XX

Anonymous said...

poor al. you are both evil and callous. in short, excellent mother material. and oh, doesnt sleep rock? remember when going to bed was a PUNISHMENT? and your parents would say "go straight to sleep" and you would think they were completely heinous?