About

Friday 18 September 2009

Infant Trust

This morning I left the husband in charge of watching the child while I had my breakfast. Admittedly, I was also in the room and paying no attention whatsoever, but that's beside the point. The child is wicked, and kinda quick, and definitely a bit cleverer I think than we given him credit for.

People in glass houses and all that though, he rolled off the bed when I was in charge the other day (the kid, not the husband. The husband is usually pushed as opposed to rolling of his own accord), so I'm not really in a position to mock the husband. Much. Well, over that. I'm very much mocking the husband over the fact that he spent all afternoon putting up a grapevine trellis thing (there's a name for it which escapes me), bolting things to a concrete wall, running wires etc etc and then went to dig the grapevines in and discovered a sewer pipe running underneith. Ergo, no grapevine can be planted there. Tee hee. Although it wasn't very tee hee at the time. It was more a quick-cover-the-child's-ears-lest-he-learn-words moment. In fact, it's still not really very tee hee, so I'm mocking quietly from out of throwing things distance.

Also, I think I was gloating the other day about getting out of that awful survey. As it turns out, no such luck dammit.

So, the kidlet managed to work the fire poker out from behind the fire guard and roll around the floor chewing on it.



Later, with the much more acceptable chewing alternative of broad beans.

No comments: