About

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Oooh ... this is going to be good (a bloggy restart)

Cheerfully, Statistics NZ has randomly selected our household to take part in a Household Economic Survery.

For. Pete's. Sake.

It's going to take weeks. And diaries of expenditure. And providing receipts. And blimming recalling all the major purchases we've made over the last year. And their idea of major, by the way, is $200.00, which is not exactly a spectacularly high threshold for trying to remember each time you've spent it on a purchase over a year. Can you imagine? GAH! The last YEAR! Honestly! Never mind that I'm part of this household, which means that this is not going to be funny. Not even a little bit.

(Don't think I can't hear you all laughing. I'll hunt you down, I swear. Don't think I won't)

A much better start to this whole business too would have been not standing on my doorstep arguing for about 10 minutes about whether I did or did not have a letter delivered to my letterbox over the weekend, and getting grumpy that I had potentially tossed the unmarked window envelope addressed simply to "The Residents" which would have looked exactly the same as countless other unmarked window envelopes that are delivered with our daily inches high stack of junk mail from the likes of real estate agents, chain letter writers, advertisers, you name it, before actually getting onto telling me why you were standing on my doorstep and what the blazes it was all about. Potentially we might have been more receptive (unlikely, but I did say 'potentially') had we not just walked in the door, the husband wasn't trying to get dinner on, and the both of us weren't juggling a 7 month old who wanted his dinner right now thank you very much.

I really would have preferred they'd randomly selected some other household that has a little less to do, thanks very much. Never mind that their idea of keeping information secure and confidential is bollocks, because hello? The husband is involved in the survey.

What a great big pain in the butt.

I'm not amused.

And I can't be arsed. Most especially, I can't be arsed.

Oh. And yay! Welcome back me! I miiised yooou!

Kisses from Cuinn too! Big goobery open mouthed ones with lots of tongue, all over your cheek/nose/chin/forehead. He's so awesome.

7 comments:

caraMel said...

Good lord, bugger that! Is there any kind of reward for doing it?

Welcome Back!

Vee and Ruth said...

um, i guess you are just too nice to say "NO, bugger off" . . .

He looks lovely lovely lovely, and more of an adventure than before.

Amelia is currently busy with a teatowel, flicking bugs (flies) - I helped a couple 'have a sleep' jut before, so she is joining in the party, insisting that I pick one of the 'sleeping bugs' up and put it in the rubbish, then running away and giggling that it is 'scawing Amelya', as she bashes it with a tetra milk pack from the recycling. What have we DONE???

ruth said...

sorry doll, i know you will actually realise that last comment was from me, but i checked it and noticed that i had the wrong i.d up - DOH. i blame the kid - she killed all of my brain cells.

ruth said...

just had a thought, shame u can't put your IV costs in - that'd skew their figures . . . . and learn them for hassling a hard working SAHM!

Simonne said...

*Snort* I wish Ruthie - tis compulsory. No gettin' out of it allowed! It just irks me that I have to put earning wages on hold to fill out forms on forms on forms. I must've looked a bit tragic today though because Al filled out his book for the trip to the butchers and counted off all the chops, mince, blah blah. Probably because I nearly cried when I realised I'd been to a cafe and not written down the individual costs of the slices and hot chocolates. Of course, how I'm supposed to carry around a pad and pen and do that while balancing a 7 months old, buggered if I know ...

Simonne said...

Woops ... Mel - I got a special Statistics NZ pad and pen to write down all my purchases :-s

Ruth - P.S. I can't believe how gorgeous Amelya (tee hee) looked in those photos! I can't wait for Cuinn to go camping in the house :-)

ruth said...

arse biscuits. COMPULSORY . . . pfft. you should seriously screw the numbers up, like - are they going to CHECK how many babyccino's cuinn has had (oh, that's right, he is probably not eating them at present, and anyway, they are called FLUFFIES in NZ)? what a crock.