About

Sunday 21 July 2013

Treats for the kitchen

As much as I love coffee, my day starts and ends usually with tea.  So far I haven't managed to find somewhere down this part of the Island that does tea quite as well as the place I used to buy it in Auckland, so about once a month I pretend there's no such thing as a carbon footprint and I have my tea supply couriered to me.  And every couple of months, they send me a sample of something new.  This was one of those months.  Yay!  Free treats! 

I've been an English breakfast girl for a very long time but it turns out, Scottish breakfast tea kicks English breakfast tea's ass.  Quite an exciting discovery (if someone waving something under your nose can be called a discovery) and now I'm going to have to try the Irish one too, just so that I've run the full ancestral gauntlet if nothing else.  What will be a laugh is if my tea preference aligns with the strongest of my heritage.

Also on the treat front and a little bit free (yes, there's such a thing.  Shush) - new coffee cups!  Better yet, they're the coffee cups from Citta Design that have been on my wishlist since I first came across them while I was reading The City Out My Window (which, incidentally, is still on the chair).  They remind me so much of the magic in that book.  Sweet!

I'm not entirely sure there's a short version to the coffee cup story, but let's try ...

Three of my magazine subscriptions (all courtest of hotpoints merchandise) expired this month.  I wanted to try a new publication but couldn't decide which ... around the time that Urbis advertised that they were giving away a $50 Citta Design voucher with new subscriptions, and voila!  Coffee cups.

 
 
And then, because I was on a bit of a roll, happiness is colourful kitchen stuff, the kids had smashed a couple of our small coffee cups, our old dishcloths barely resemble their original colours and seem to permanently smell like garlic and the husband set fire to a couple of tea towels (I am possibly exaggerating.  He possibly just singed holes in them) ...  more voila!  (Also, FYI - best. discloths. ever. and similarly awesome tea towels)
 
 


 



No comments: