About

Friday 22 May 2009

It's been swell, but let's not do it again

Just for the record, I'd be sitting in Cuba or wherever the hell with the 10 mill too.

But, since I'm not, back to business.

3. Month. Jabs. Are. Vile.

I. Was. Up. All. Night.

Well, near enough. Put it this way, instead of counting the number of times Cuinn woke up, it's easier to count the number of times I got to catch some sleep. 3, in case you were wondering. I even got a 2 hour stretch one of those times. Awesome. The next kid isn't being vaccinated (yes it is).

The only real way I can make him more comfortable too is to load him up to the eyeballs with Pamol ... except he has an unreasonable hate on for the pink stuff (seriously, it tastes like strawberry lollies - what's not to like? Strange child), so I get an estimated half dose into him, and wear the other half. Very messy business, and heaven knows if what small amount I do get into him has any effect whatsoever. Thankfully, cuddles seem to be gratefully received, and although they don't make him feel better, they make him feel better if you know what I mean.

Here's hoping the next lot of jabs (next month - BLAH!) are a little less vicious. And thank heavens he has his Jeero (Ugly Doll - we're so getting more of those!) to talk to, so he can work through some of the psychological damage I've done to him.

No comments: