About

Monday 4 February 2008

I bought 2 dresses but the husband bought $300 jandals

I find that if you say it like that, then the 2 dresses kind of get lost in the "$300 what??!!" and fade into oblivion, which makes me feel much much less guilty about the 2 dresses.

The only small problem is that the husband is starting to get quite incensed by the $300 jandal comments, and has taken to scowling and yelling that they weren't $300, they were on sale, that full price they were only $269 (Heh. Only. I am so proud.) and how come his stuff always gets inflated upwards, and mine gets discounted down? Which is drawing just a little too much attention to Ginger's Special Accounting System for Telling the Husband About Shoping, so perhaps enough about the $300 jandals.

Back to the dresses.

Here's how it happened...

Obviously, post discovering that the outfit I'd carefully planned - the skirt I had made for another special occasion that I'd been planning to re-use (yes, Stu, I know it's called 'wearing'), the top that I laybuyed and paid off over 6 weeks, and the shoes that I bought on the spot because they were perfect - was a disaster, I went hunting, with very strict instructions from both the husband and the mother not to buy black. I'm not sure if the husband was himself particular averse to the black, or it was the (extremely high) chance of my mother screaching in his earhole for letting me buy black, but I had my instructions and that was that.

Except, it turns out that at the end of sale season, when everyone has sold almost all their summer stock but the next season pieces haven't come in yet, and the summer stuff was mostly black anyway, a ginger trying to find a dress for a wedding in a week ends up buying a black one. A gorgeous, magical dress that was 70% off, but very, very black.

Oops.

(I really should learn how to take good photos)







Of course, it turns out that the husband really isn't a fan of me in black (and, of course, there is the compunding screaching thing), and was not quite so enamoured, spending the ensuing evening giving me his I-am-not-impressed-fullstop-you-are-such-a-pain-in-the-ass look. Bless.

Then, he took me shopping on Saturday, and that's how I found myself trying on the second dress 'just to see' because it would give me a comparison.

Technically, it's not my fault that I now own this as well.





I know. It's very, very bad having 2 dresses, so here's a piccie of the $300 jandals (which we won't mention again).



It's all about perspective.

Comparatively speaking, the jandals are so much worse. Don't you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the dresses are totally justified....but those jandals!!!!

Anonymous said...

B wants to know if the jandals came from the same shop as the ladel? Hardly relative I think! *hurmpf*

Anonymous said...

where does one find $300 jandals? I didn't even know you could find $300 jandles! dresses are lovely, and I LOVE the second one, perfect for a nice summer wedding

Simonne said...

Tell B they were from a store just around the corner from the ladle ... perhaps they're trying to cover the same sort of rent margins?

Or, maybe they saw me come out of the ladle store all those years ago, and have been patiently waiting ever since with their jandals knowing that sooner or later ...

Mel Archer said...

The two dresses are great! I agree with sarah - the second one is perfect for a summer wedding....

Nikki Elisabeth said...

$300 for a pair of fricking jandals?!?! Even $269 for a pair of jandals?!?! Who DOES that?! (Well, clearly anyone who has spent too much time with S)

The dresses are gorgeous. Lurve the black one! (Screw him, black is super cool)