About

Sunday 31 August 2014

What's in my (hand) bag

This is one of my favourite things that bloggers do. 

I'm a total sucker for 'what's in my bag' posts.  But I do also wonder a little bit whether people do really already have the cool stuff (because inevitably the stuff is all cool), or they have to go and find it so they can do the post.  I'm definitely a have-to-go-and-find-it sort, because I can assure you, if I were to do the big tip-out right now,  I wouldn't be taking a photo of it and it wouldn't be looking like what 99.99% of bloggers post in gorgeously styled shots. 

For example, first off, I have no idea how many of the tissues I've grabbed at the last minute while running out the door that're still stuffed in my bag, have actually been used on the not-ginger's nose. Ugh. Probably the solution to that would be purse packs, but ... well ... purse packs. There has to be a better way. (There probably isn't)

So, there'd be those in my shot.  Lovely. 

There'd also be a cellphone with a cracked case ala dropped-it-on-the-concrete-driveway, a sunglasses case that has seen many better days and isn't anywhere near as together as it used to be, the Elizabeth Arden lipstick one of my kids wound up while the cap (cap? lid? top? I should know this) was still on, a gazillion (or three) hair ties and a purple Deadly Ponies wallet with a post-it note reminder stuck to it because whilst I do own a smartphone ... meh. There is my favourite taylor black merino beanie though which is pretty redeeming, the Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel and gold bangle the husband bought me last year, which is also redeeming and if you give me about half an hour to rummage, I should be able to find my lip balm.  The one thing I always have on me, and yet the one thing I consistently can't find.

Yes, I think it's definitely best to just show you the bag instead.  All secrets within, remaining so. 


My much loved Sass, by Kohl & Chochineal. (Also, Sass is black. You'd never know it by that lighting, for which I apologise)

No comments: