About

Tuesday 20 November 2007

Battening down the hatches

Sooo I did a budget. IVF is next March, meaning that we, at this point, need to plan for a single income from around the end of next year. We are also in the process of spending a lovely chunk of cash on the house. And so, a budget has been drawn up ...and turned upside down and shaken, just in case some extra money fell out. Which it didn't.

Suffice it to say, the budget is not pretty.

I suppose I must be honest, and acknowledge that it's all relative and it just depends on which way you are looking at it. But, the way I'm looking at it is that we have goals to meet, and stuff to do and so the marvellous shopping fun I have been having to date will henceforth cease ... meaning that said budget is an actual, serious, grown up, must-stick-to-it-and-no-cheating type budget. Ergo, it's not pretty.

Half the fun is in the cheating.

Bollocks.


I also seriously hope that mortgage interest rates go down before we have to re-fix our mortgage next March. Ha! Hahahahahahahaha!!


Stupid mortgage interest rates.

No comments: