About

Tuesday 6 November 2007

Curtains and such

I've been debating on whether to show you my new curtains or not.

On the one hand, I promised to share (I think) all things renovation, which includes the new curtains ...But then, on the other hand, I'm not entirely sure whether you need to see them in the context of everything all together (walls done, carpet done, new quilts on beds etc) to avoid being completed horrified by my decorating ...erm ...skills. The colours haven't quite translated as richly in photo as they appear in the flesh, but you get the general idea.

For the lounge ...




For the master bedroom ...



For one of the spare rooms (we had to get a bit imaginative with this one, as we have a sliding door on one wall and a tiny window on the opposite wall, but there's not enough material to cover both the big sliding door and the tiny window. So, we're covering the sliding door with this, and we'll put in a cedar drop blind for the tiny window which will look quite different, but cosy and fitting) ...


We've still got one room to go, so I'm keeping my eye on Curtain Exchange in the hope that something completely perfect will come in. Thankfully, we're not in a rush, so there's a good chance of that. And, of course, my favourite pear curtains (in the piccy of Jazz to the right) will stay.

Tomorrow we've got someone coming around too to measure up and make all the necessary alterations to the curtains so that they fit properly as well. At the moment, all of them curtains are (miles) too long, the brown stripe curtain is just one single curtain, so we're getting it split in 2, the blue/red/yellow stripe curtains are in 2 sets of 2, so we're getting those remade to 1 set of 2, and the green ones are in about 4 or 5 sets, so we have to get those all joined up together as well. But, even though there's going to be a bit of work - and cost! - in it, it's still cheaper than buying new, and we've got a much better quality or curtain than we could otherwise afford too, so it's been worth it.

I also have new cushions (!!) (from the same place, so second-hand but new to me) AND a painting for the kitchen.








(the dodgy piccy angle is because it was 6am and I was still half asleep)

1 comment:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I like! I like! Love the bedroom ones especially... and the cushions are fab :)