About

Monday 26 November 2007

I heart my Moleskine

I'm a creature of habit and it can't be helped.

Every year, around the beginning of October, as soon as they hit the stores, I buy my diary for the following year. I also only buy one type of diary. I'm a Moleskine girl all the way baby. Perhaps there are better diaries out there, perhaps not. I'm yet to find one that I love as much as my Moleskine though. Moleskine has history and soul.

I heart my Moleskine.

I did break out of the box this year though, and instead of my traditional soft cover black weekly diary, this year I went all out - and got a red daily one. In Hardcover. Oooooohhhhh Flaaaassshhhhh (actual serious flash too - it even comes with 3 sheets of stickers for appropriate days - little cakes with candles for birthdays, suitcases for holidays, shopping bags for shopping days!!, forks for dinner dates, sad faces ... probaby for when the Visa bill is due, little hair dryers for hair appointments ... I have no idea what the lightbulbs would be for but they're very cool...) Hopefully it'll work out a bit more successful than the great 18-month diary incident of 2006 where I bought a new diary in July (after the great coffee all over diary incident of a few weeks before that), and ended up noting all my end of year appointments at the end of 2007. Slightly disastrous.

The plan is that I will start transferring information (such as birthdays, holidays, appointments and budgety type things) well in advance, so that I'm ready to kick off the new year with my flas new diary. Except I don't. Ever. I end up carrying the new diary around with my old one (ending my relationship with my old diary is a long, slow, painful process. Every year. My diary is my blankie) for the last 3 months of the year, and the for around the first 6 months of the following year because I can't bear to part with it. This year is no different, and I've been carrying it around for a month and a half already, and transferred the sum total of no information across.

It does look very cool sitting on my desk though.

I heart my Moleskine lots.

No comments: