About

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Simonne is

... loving Facebook.

... going on holiday. Tomorrow. To Queenstown. Where it's SNOWING!

... excited about the snow. I've never been in snow before. Do you think there's any chance it'll be warm snow though?

... obviously packing warm clothes (just in case it's not warm snow), some of which were emergency-purchased. I am having a summer baby, why would I have woolly clothes that fit over the kiddly-house? All my warm layers come to about a third of the way down my stomach, therefore not being much of a layer at all. Thank heavens for stores that haven't got around to removing winter stock from the racks, and sale prices which mean they didn't cost much. I got a jersey and a warm skirt. Now to try and get through 4 days without getting them dirty ... What's the bet I dump pizza down myself the first night I'm there?

... going straight from the airport at Queenstown to the Remarkable Sweet Shop to buy hokey pokey fudge. Or possibly cookies and cream fudge. I'm not sure. I'll decide while I'm buying toffee and gums and chews and coconut rolls and ... *blissful sigh*

... likely to kill someone if the airport is closed because of the snow.

... going to have a hell of a job cleaning the black boot polish off her hands. And arms. And face. Cleaning boots is messy when you're me.

... just realising that there's a snowball's chance I'll get to Queenstown without using the plane loo. I hate using plane loos.

... looking forward to going to bed very soon. I'm sleep deprived. Although I don't know why I'm whinging about it ...it's not like things are going to improve any in the coming months. On the bright side, I was awake when Cuinn got the hiccups at 3am this morning. Baby hiccups are hilarious!

...absolutely STOKED that I found a Stokke chair for Cuinn on Trademe for $180.00, and that it turned out to be in pretty new condition when the husband picked it up. I'm even more stoked that the lady who sold it to us also gave us the baby kit (for no extra cost!) which converts the chair into a high chair. The chair and set would have cost $460.00 retail. Yay! The husband will be less than stoked when he finds out that while we are up one high chair, he is very much down his drinking fund for Queenstown.

... done for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember...*if* the airport is closed I'm on extended sick leave from work so it's not my fault!

Have an awesome time!!!

PS: I'd say no chance of warm snow. Be careful with the pizza!

Emma said...

Have a jimmys pie as well!! yum yum mince and cheese!

Simonne said...

Cheesy, tomtao saucy pizza only - I promise!

Esther said...

Surfergirl is....
wondering when S will be back from Q'town as she is missing her daily Ginger intake!!
Hope you're having a ball!! (and that the airplane toilet was nice and clean and didn't suck you down when you flushed)