About

Monday 20 October 2008

So, siblings DO have their uses

My youngest rang yesterday to wish me and Al a happy wedding anniversary.

Bless him, he was a day out, which is extremely fortunate for me because said wedding anniversary is today and I'd forgotten entirely.

I'd intended to wake up this morning with the significant-date detail firmly etched in my memory so that I could remind the husband what a clever thing he did all those years ago, and I was close. I managed to recall the significant-date detail at approximately 8.30am on my way to work in the midst of what was close enough to a diabetic coma after a polycose test at Diagnostic (vile, vile thing. I really don't see how giving you a horrendous amount of glucose or whatever is a good way to see if you have diabetes. Poor Cuinn has been in hybernation all. day. And frankly, I don't blame him. I felt like complete shite too), and quickly telephoned the husband before my memory went funky again.

Me "Happy anniversary!"

The husband "Oh! Yeah! 8 Years!!"

Me "Uh. No. It's just feels like 8 years. It's 7."

Him "Oh. Really?"

We're all about the romantic and heart-warming in our house.

Still, it's better than last year - last wedding anniversary I lost the diamond out of my engagement ring.

1 comment:

Tanya&Andrew said...

better than us!!! we remembered a week after our anniversary and thought it was hilarious that we both we so useless , i say lets blame it on the pregnancy. :)