About

Thursday 8 January 2009

Finally!

No, I haven't gone into labour. Not even close. I had a red curry for dinner tonight and all that did was make me sweat so much I had to go and have a cold shower. And gave me wicked indigestion. Niiiiice. Delicate business this.

No, I just came across this article in the Herald, and as a dog owner, I wanted to say a very loud blimming good job and I'm really really pleased to see that finally someone has shown some sense in a 'dog attack' case. Really pleased.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good call isn't it!
I do feel for the mum and her boy, but at 3 years old he should have been supervised around the dog, for both their sakes.
Even the most even tempered dog is bound to react to that kind of cruelty!

Simonne said...

We saw it very recently at a BBQ - a very well trained dog who was pestered and pestered by a couple of children over a matter of hours and the parents just let them do it ... they were taking the dog's bone and food off it, taking his toys, chasing him, yelling in his face and following him. The dog kept taking himself off to safe places and the kids kept following him (other people were trying to stop the kids and explain why what they were doing was bad) and in the end, the dog bit! ...I can't believe it took him about 3 hours to lose his temper myself!) It wasn't the dog's fault and the owners felt dreadful, but the parents turned around and got snakey about it!! What was more unbelievable was that the family had a dog of their own.

Anonymous said...

Sodding good call I say. I feel for the kid I really do but I do NOT agree with what the mum said on the news that a well trained dog shouldn't attack. Lets see what she would do if say her nipples where grabbed and pinched and twisted!! grrrrr.