About

Saturday 3 January 2009

Hot! Hot hot hot hot HOOOOOOOT!!

Ack!

At 3am this morning I was sitting outside on the back step in an effort to stop my internal thermostat spinning in circles.

And it's not just me - I went out there in the first place because Jess was really distressed and even having a fan trained on her inside wasn't helping. So I let her out and she just keeled over on the concrete, and gradually her temperature came down and she calmed. It would have been an interesting sight, the two of us there for about an hour - a girl and her dog, both of them looking completely bedraggled and miserable.

Obviously Cuinn is still cooking - he's grounded until at least Monday when our OB is back from his holiday, and I think, miserable heat aside, I still need more time to sleep before he gets here - yesterday I crashed out twice during the day. One minute I was on the couch reading, the next the overwhelming urge to sleep grabbed hold, and that was me. I'd intend to lie down for a half hour, and half an hour became an hour or two.

The sense of waiting has set in though, for all the hoping he stays put for a bit longer. It's just a knowing that if I need to rest I should, in case tonight is the night that I'm woken and it starts happening, and that I need to make sure the house is kept tidy and everything is done for the same reason - because we may not necessarily be able to just do it tomorrow. It's not even a conscious thing, or a hoping that tonight will be the night, it's just the constant awareness that it's coming. Although, having said that, he's not showing any signs of being inclined to arrive other than he appears to be resting up as well and he's gone pretty quiet in general - unless he gets the hiccups, which is several times a day at the moment, and then he gets really pissed off and wiggles furiously after a few minutes of hiccup-jumping, presumably trying to knock them. Baby hiccups are still hilarious - I think because he seems to get so annoyed with them.

And on that note, I have a load of washing to hang out, which will presumably involve dropping pegs and swearing for the next half hour or so. The hand thing is getting very old - almost everything I pick up gets dropped or thrown by accident. Yesterday, I wore two cups of tea, a glass of lemonade (old fashioned, homemade ... Mmmmmmmm) most of the dishwater doing the dishes last night after I bobbled about 3 pans, a shampoo bottle to the head in the shower ... you get the picture. Yet, as much as it is starting to drive me a tad batty, it kind of amuses me that of all the late pregnancy symptoms/whatevers I expected to experience, something I'd never even heard of till it happened to me is about the only thing I got landed with. Aside from the heat thing, but from what I gather, rain, hail, snow or sunshine, that one's a given.

OK. Going to hang out the washing. Or throw it all over the lawn. One of the two.

No comments: