About

Tuesday 6 November 2007

13th December. 9.30am.

It was a plain brown envelope in the mail, addressed to me, with no return address.

Completely innocuous.

Not so much when I opened it though.

The Fertility Plus logo appeared, and I felt almost a little confused. Why were they writing to me again?

Oh, yes.

We have a list of blood tests and medical exams required, other information that we must collect, authorities, consents, and other forms to fill out, ethical decisions to make, moral stances that must be established ... and then at 9.30am on 13th December (Thursday thankfully, not Friday, or the superstitious Scot in me would not be amused) we have our orientation appointment with Fertility Plus.

Our IVF cycle will be about 12 weeks after that. So, mid to late March. Not so long, really.

Am I scared?

Yes.

It is the oddest sensation to have so many emotions, so neatly in check, rush to the surface with the simple act of opening a letter.

General order was restored to my universe pretty quickly though, when I went outside to tell the husband of the letter and found him sitting in the spa, holding an umbrella because it was raining.

(OK, OK, he's threatening to beat me if I don't tell you that the purpose of the umbrella was to keep his book that he was reading dry, as opposed to himself. Whatever, if you ask me)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muddy blarvelous, absolutely blarvelous. You know we are wishing miraculous things for you both.
xxx

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Omigoodness!! It's happening?!?!
I read your comment and my heart did a little flip for you!
I'm SO excited!!!

Simonne said...

It's happening!!

I don't think my heart rate has slowed AT ALL since opening the envelope either ... with four months to go still though I hope it does sometime, or I'll be a write off.

(P.S. Ruthie ... I don't suppose a certain gorgeous niece would consider letting Aunty Ginger nab her peanut when she's finished with it? (if it's not already destined to live somewhere else) Just in case ... (I promise to replace it with a fab toy/book)