About

Tuesday 20 November 2007

Happy dance

Engagement ring:

The jeweller submitted his quote to my insurer and a year later, my insurer accepted the quote. From there, things become much simpler.

I chose the new diamond for my engagement ring yesterday (!!!), and nutted out the redesign of both my engagement and wedding rings with the jeweller. He's picked out a gorgeous (BIGGER! SPARKLIER!) diamond for me too, so I can't wait to get the rings back (with a few extra little sparklies in the wedding ring to make the new design work ... ahem. Happy wedding anniversary to me last month ...).



Renovations:

The last room at home was denuded of wallpaper yesterday, and the insulation is going in the internal wall around the master bedroom in the next day or so (supposedly today, but the installer had a bit of a crisis and couldn't get to us today. I know ... tradesmen and all that. But, seriously, the story he told us would have to be true. You know the old saying, truth is stranger than fiction? Uh huh. Apparently it all started to go wrong at the job before us when they drilled into the wall, and through some wiring ... woops).

Next on the list - finalising the new kitchen design, choosing colours and booking it in for manufacture and installation.

We also found a plasterer who actually turned up when he said he would (weeeellll ... within 24 hours of when he said he would anyway) and gave us a much better quote than 3 to 4 thousand dollar guy, so he starts on 10th December, and should be done within a week.

Curtains are due back this time next week.

After visiting a few more linen stores, the duvet situation still looks a bit of a worry, but I'll give myself hysterics over that at a later date (as in, when I have the curtains back and the material to match a duvet to ... or rather, not match a duvet to, hence the source of the hysterics).

The husband is also demanding that we buy the bathroom accessories this weekend, as he's well over hanging his towel on the floor.

I'm demanding that the husband has a shave.

I have a feeling that the bathroom accessories will happen, but the shave will not. 10 more days till the end of Movember!

No comments: