About

Wednesday 17 September 2014

News from this week (horrid photos included)

I'm learning to use our coffee machine.  The photo is way more sinister looking than the attemp warranted, I thought, but oh well.

Whether my coffee bill goes down remains to be seen.  I think probably my caffeine consumption and coffee bean bill will just go up.  Cafes are my home away from home and I don't care how horrified anyone looks, I've always loved coffee in a paper cup.  There's something about being on the run with coffee. 


This was probably my achievement of the week.  No more flowery toilet roll holder!  Our plumbing quote is in and we're making a start on the bathrooms next week (!!), so we were in the plumbing place choosing a tap (or specifically, choosing another tap because we got the price back on the first one we chose and there was no way that was happening) and this shiny hunk of loo roll holding beauty was on last-one cost-price sale.  Win! 

It'll be a slow project because at the moment the shower in the ensuite and the bath aren't knackered, it'd just be nice to change them and we can't justify that (though I tried).  We hadn't budgeted for a bathroom reno this year, so those will go on the to-do list after a few other things that have a higher priority.  We are though putting in new toilets, a new cabinet and pedestal basin in the ensuite, and shifting the existing ensuite cabinet into the bathroom.  And this.  No more flowery toilet roll holder.



 
This is also going - hooray!!  (I'll post more pics when things are done.  The cabinet will probably turn into firewood for someone, but the ceramic basin is being re-purposed and will go out to the shed where we have another toilet, but no handbasin)


Other news to note is that the husband dismissed my choice of watch on my holiday shopping list as boring, so I had to go window shopping again.

The Horse watch from Paper Plane Store.




I also spent nearly 2 days clearing out our walk-in wardrobe.  I am never spending two years just hiffing many things into a large space ever again.

2 comments:

Caffeinated Weka said...

It sounds like you've had a productive week. I make espressos at home in my caffettiera. I don't have a coffee machine but don't think steaming milk would be my forte. Also, despite having good intentions for spring cleaning, I am yet to make a dent in all the jobs that need doing.

Simonne said...

I've decided that our coffee machine is really no different to our other children - it only does what it's told when the husband is glaring at it ;-) I am yet to turn out a decent coffee, after the first attempt *sigh*