About

Friday 26 September 2014

On the chair - Books by Victoria Beckham

Over the years, I've sincerely admired in the evolution of Victoria Beckham and if I could choose to meet any celebrity, she'd be my pick.  I missed the whole Spice Girls thing (by living under a rock, apparently) and picked up on Victoria Beckham as she was shedding Posh Spice, and becoming VB, so my admiration is not in a paying-attention-to-tabloid-noise kind of way, but rather of a hard working, family oriented, ambitious woman who has achieved a remarkable amount.

I love her designs and personal style, and she really interests me.   More so, now that I've read Learning to Fly.  Yes, it's 14 years old, but I honestly really enjoyed it.  It's the other side of the headlines and it's the story of an inspiring woman.  I loved her style of writing and her sense of humour and it felt every bit of what it is - that you're seeing the start of something incredible.  There was a lot about the Spice Girls, but then it was written around that time - now I wish she'd write another about her journey since and particularly her journey into fashion.

While I was filling up my cart on Book Depository, I also added That Extra Half Inch and really enjoyed that too.  It's a style guide that covers absolutely everything from special occasion to underwear to holiday bags, and made me really, really want a pair of VB jeans.  I'll definitely be holding onto this, and even if you're not a fan of her own style, you can't argue that VB knows style in general, has a solid foothold in fashion and knows what works.


No comments: