About

Thursday 4 September 2014

What's in my (holiday) bag - the wishlist edition

(This is what started the what's-in-my-handbag post.  That entire post was intended to be the first paragraph of this one, but I went on so much I had to let it hang all by itself.  I guess this is why I have an editor whenever I do something being published by someone other than me)

We're going away for a few days, in a few weeks, so I've been thinking about all the things I'd love to be packing in my weekender (this is also called procrastination and it's one of my many skills.  Right now, I'm pretty sure my work inbox will be chocka and I still haven't chosen a paint colour, therefore, I'm writing a blog post and online window shopping.  Random story - this sort of thing always calls to mind one of my friends at uni who did a psych (I think) study/assignment on procrastination, but by the end of the uni year, he had several hundred dollars in library fines for not returning any of the books.  True story.).

The beauty of wishlist shopping is no styling is necessary (amen, because styling is definitely not one of my things.  Working on it, but not a lot closer to success), just a whole bunch of photo pilfering online.  Win!

So, this is what I'd love to be packing for our wee holiday in a few weeks.

1.  The Bag

In all these years, I have never have actually collected a weekender, and it's been up near the top of my wishlist for a really long time.  I'm losing my touch.


(The HotShot Large Weekender by AwlSnap on Etsy)


2.  The Beautiful Cup

I'm a total sucker for cool tea cups, and there's something about a holiday that makes a cup of tea taste even better than usual.  Probably it's just the sitting down and not having to rush anything, but also I have a weakness for sweet tea (usually something I only have when I'm sick, so it goes in the comfort food basket) and motel tea is so horrible it requires sugar.  Obviously, there are impracticalities in packing ceramics, but meh.


(Gidon Bing coffee mug from The Flock. Sold out, sadly. Probably for the best because of ongoing self-control issues)


3.  The Raincoat

An Okewa Rainwear raincoat, because this is New Zealand.  Bonus, it will be much easier to fold into my bag for travel than a big Winter coat (mine needs a bag all by itself) or jacket, and it's pretty exciting to see a raincoat designed for the urban environment, instead of having to fall back on outdoor wear when it's pouring.  After a very successful Kickstarter campagin, these babies have just gone (or are just about to) into production - weee!


(Okewa Rainwear women's trench. Picture shamelessly pilfered online.  And if you want to know more about Okewa, I wrote about them here)


4.  The Holiday Reading.

Everyone needs that!  The story of Betty Halbreich, legendary personal shopper.  This is top of my list right now.  I'm feeling torn though - it's out, but in hardback.  There's something very un-holiday about a hardback, but the paperback edition will miss my holiday by a month or two.  Dilemma.  "Download it!" says the husband.  HELL. NO.  Books come on paper.  End of story.



5.  The Watch

Because although I'm back here, I'm offline more than I have been in years.  Which means no clock at the corner of my screen or on my mobile device to check constantly, and I'm a person who needs to know what the time is.  Maybe I should try and kick that habit too, but it is what it is.  And this, is very cool.


(Uniformwares unisex watch, also from The Flock)


6.  The Handcream

I've been reviewing Trilogy skincare products for Threadnz over the last few weeks.  I'll let you know when the review is up.  One of my handbag (and travel) essentials is a good moisturiser.  Based on what I've discovered about Trilogy, I'd love to add either of these (or both) to my handbag!

 
7.  The Notebook
 
This actually exists in my world.  This poor abused, dearly loved thing goes pretty much everywhere with me.  My Sugar Paper notebook.
 
 

 


No comments: