About

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Baking three ways

One. 

Healthy baking ... gluten, grain, wheat, dairy, refined sugar free (Petite Kitchen) espresso fudge brownies.

Except, they're not even remotely fudgey.  The promise of fudge is there, and the picture in the book certainly looks fudgey but ... I fudged them.  They tasted brilliant too which is what made it even more annoying.  I suspect being lazy and using runny honey over proper honey may have sunk me, but I've done this to brownies before.  Somehow, I turn them into cake.  Pah!


The kids liked them though.  Especially the little ginger kid who has food issues.  This everything-free baking and cooking seems to work for him.


Two. 

Not even baking.  I bought pikelets at Moore Wilsons, grabbed jam out the fridge (and didn't even check which jam I grabbed beyond it being red jam) and put cream in the Kitchenaid.  Lazy-pants.



Three.

Almost the total opposite of healthy baking.  Wholemeal oat ginger crunch cookies with ginger icing (Dean Brettschneider).


And, I had to take a photo of this, just because!  First cut into un-wrapped butter.  Bam!  (I needed 150 grams)  It's the little things.  What's a little bit annoying is that I cut it, thought myself a bit awesome, started to cut it up so that it could do its softening thing a bit faster and then decided that no, it was awesome enough to post, stuck the butter back together and took a photo ... but somehow during that process I gained a gram from 151 to 152.  Still,  clever-pants.


No comments: