About

Thursday 15 August 2013

morning glory wholewheat carrot loaf

My feeling about carrots is that as a general rule, they have no business being in cake.  Or anything cake-like.  Which includes loaves.  No business at all. 

But, this is a Global Baker recipe (Yay Global Baker Project!), and the (self-imposed) rules are, I have to bake it all.  Sooo, I busted out the carrots. 

The super wet mixtures had me crossing all my crossables, and the not-ginger cranking the oven up to 200 degrees when I wasn't looking (early in the baking process too, little troll), made me hop a bit.  Looking at the picture in Global Baker, my end result was a bit more golden than it was perhaps intended to be, but it is seriously yum and definitely going to be made again.  (I tried it toasted this morning, and toasted is also good).

AND it has raisins in it.  Carrots and raisins, but still yum.  It makes no sense it me at all, but there you go.  I'm going to have to make a chocolate cake next, but to put the world to rights again. 

Naked loaf


Crumble topping



Voila!  A slightly fuzzy looking loaf of nomminess.  The photo-taking is a work in progress.

 

No comments: