About

Saturday 3 August 2013

Beautiful summery winter day

Today, I'm wearing a t-shirt, two sizes too big because I was shopping with two small people and I grabbed a tee on a small hanger without considering that it looked really big, or checking that it also had a small label (it didn't).  Luckily, I was in Workshop and a Workshop tee is a wonderful thing, even when it's really over-sized it turns out.  This Workshop tee was also on sale, and a tee on sale is pure happiness (although that was 6 months ago.  Surely it's about time for another sale, hmmm?  Workshop?  Are you liiiiiistening ...?).  But anyway, two sizes too big tee and skinny jeans (which maybe were supposed to be skinny, or maybe it's just that I'm not so much. Either way, same effect really.  Sort of) and it felt like summer today.  All day.  Amazing how beautiful sunshine and a blue sky can change the world.

This is one of the views from the front of our house, taken off the deck.  I took this photo in the middle of last summer when we were all melting in mid-30 heat, but it looked exactly the same today. There was no mid-30 heat, more like mid-teens but that is my absolute favourite weather in the world. Clear, super crisp (or fecking cold, whichever you prefer), bright and beautiful.

Today was a good day.


I was going to show you that I'm working on improving my photos, by trying to take a stylish photo of the tee draped on a hanger or something, but we took the small people to the beach and I dropped ice cream down it (or rather, to be fair, I was holding a kid and she dropped icecream down it.  I usually do coffee myself), so that pretty much was the end of that.  No stylish photo.  I could've tried a selfie, but ... nah.  And trying to do a mirror shot would have involved cleaning the mirrors first, and I just couldn't be arsed. 

Instead, you can have this which is also summery and also an attempt at photo improvement. 

Raw lemon and coconut truffles (Petite Kitchen).  Yum.

No comments: