About

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Hmmm...

I want this.

I really, really, really, really want it.

Really.

It's a new, signed first edition copy of my favourite book. Do you think the husband would kill me for buying it?

I was going to replace my copy anyway ... I've had it for about 10 years and it's survived being read fifty five million times in that time, as well as a flood, but it's falling apart a bit. It's just a bit of a toss up between $25.00 for a mass market paperback, or you know, paying the mortgage this week.

It could be a reeeeally early 30th birthday present ...? (Bearing in mind that my 29th birthday was last week)

But, considering he went an interesting shade of puce when I mentioned it, I'm guessing it's a no. I even showed him my injection bruises first too to soften him up.

Bollocks. He's turning into a hard ass. You know how they say that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission? I should've done that.

(Or, he knows about the new boots I put on layby the other day ...)

Speaking of injections (we were, weren't we?), I have a scan tomorrow to see how things are going on the stimulation drugs. We're hoping it'll show a good number of follicles - I guess around the 8/9 region. We don't want too many because that's very bad for me, but we don't want too few either because, well, that'd be crap. I think tomorrow tells us when egg collection will be as well but I'm not entirely sure about that (it really would have been helpful if I hadn't lost my IVF information folder). We've been given an indicative date so far of the week of the 28th - as in, next week.

It's a rather pleasant thought at this point that I may only have another week of injections to go. Puregon is evil (I'm actually a bit embarrassed about the whinging while I was just on Buserelin. It's far more justified now!) and leaves wicked bruises (I tried to take a photo of the one I gave myself last night because it's HUGE, but I'm a pasty ginger, so bruise aside, all I got on the camera was glare) and I'm kinda running out of places to stab myself. Plus my ovaries feel a bit like they're going to pop (I hate to imagine what they'll be like in a few days) and I definitely look like I've eaten all the pies.

Still, it's all worth it. If it works, we'll have a family (all being well), and if it doesn't, we'll know we did everything we could.

No comments: