About

Wednesday 30 April 2008

The little eggie that could

All our fertilised eggs have started to divide and most are 4 cells this morning (which is exactly where they should be). We need them to be 8 cells before one is picked for replacement. They may get there overnight, so we'll wait and see, otherwise we're looking at Saturday for embryo replacement.

We also have a late starter! One of the eggs that looked like it hadn't fertilised has started to divide overnight!! So it looks like we could have an extra one to add to the pool.

Clever little embryos.

It's a bit of a worry though that our children are showing signs of being unco-ordinated this early.

4 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Ohhh cute - it's like the runt of the litter! I like him/her already. Can we replace that one??? Pleeeease!

I can't believe I am talking about a group of cells like this... I bet you and Al are the same though! ;)

xo

Simonne said...

I know. That's the one I wanted too. I felt all affectionate about its unco little self. I expect this is why other people are in charge of picking which embryo goes back ...

Anonymous said...

I think he/she was just being fashionably late! It's all about the entrance darling!

Anonymous said...

yeah. 'cos the fur-babies are so coordinated. i swear if i see jack run into a tree one more time i'll piss myself! sounds like the walmsleys-to-be are off to a great start - and the don't bark the house down, lick their asses or drag muddy footprint into the house!

yet.

:-)