About

Tuesday 15 April 2008

Um, ow!

I dunno what happened during my blood test this morning (at 7.30am) but it was nearly noon by the time the feeling came back into my arm properly. Next time it might pay to have the blood sucked from my left arm. I can do typing one handed, but it's a bit easier if that one hand is my dominant one.

I did manage to start the nurse's day with a laugh (clever me) by studiosly staring at the ceiling and declaring that I hate needles while she removed copius quantities of my life force. She, obviously, knew exactly what I was in the middle of by my forms and therefore knew that I was being a complete baby about having my blood taken just because I can. There's a difference though - I have to look when I inject myself. Or at least I do while I point the needle in the direction it needs to go - but from there my eyes are either very closed or pointed as heavenward as they go. I'm not taking my own blood so I get to not look. It's like a little bonus. Kinda.

Anywho, down regulation went perfectly (the hospital's word) and they rang me with the results (instructions are very clear that we're supposed to ring them) while I was busy giving myself a flaming headache over whether or not to ring in, or just wait until I went into the hospital this afternoon to pick up more needles and drugs. It must be nice for them though, having the chance to give some good news when they probably spend a fair amount of time handing out bad news.

This next bit is the really tough bit, but as I said the other day - you can do can stand most things if you know when the end of it is. From here, we should be done and dusted within the month.

17th April - start stimulation drugs.

23rd April - scan to see how follicle growth is progressing.

Week of 28th April - egg collection.

About 5 days after that is embryo replacement.

Nothing but good times ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh oooh, cant hardly wait!