About

Tuesday 2 October 2007

AARGH! What have I done?

No, no, just kidding!

...

Maybe.

...

No, I am.

(I told you, they read the blog!)

Aside from arriving in Newmarket a 7.20am (!!! blimmin school holidays - I'd forgotten what a ridiculous difference it makes to the traffic in Auckland), sticking my finger through my brand new stockings (am a little unused to stockings, obviously), almost falling off my chair a couple of times (it hasn't got any arm rests to hold my butt on, and it seems my butt is a wee bit bigger than it was the last time I sat on that particular chair about 7 years ago) skidding across the office and into the wall (slidy plastic mats under the wheely-chair, and just sort of launching oneself into said chair is a bit of an OSH hazard ...although I suppose it could be argued that at 28, I should have learned to place myself on a chair in a ladylike fashion), and having to dig my poor brain out of cold storage, my day yesterday was great. I felt very naughty leaving at 3pm ... but that lasted about as long as it took me to get out the door.

And even better - since my clothes for work are either new, or haven't been worn ... well, since the last time I worked in this office! ... I don't have to do any ironing ALL WEEK. Happy skippy joy! (plus, and my clothes were actually still clean when I got home last night!)

(Bollocks. There's one drawback to blogging and eating bagels for breakfast ... jam on the laptop. Oops.)

No comments: